Buick GMC Oil Change Service in Raleigh, NC
Replacing your oil on a regular basis will ensure that your engine runs smoother and longer. Perform regular oil maintenance yourself or bring in your vehicle to a trained technician. Read below to learn how to check for signs of a much needed oil change.
Practical Steps You Can Take to Check If You Need an Oil Change from Thompson Automotive Group.
Why is getting my car's oil changed important?
Replacing your oil on a regular basis will make certain that all the parts of your engine are properly lubricated. A low level of oil quality in your car results in a low level of lubrication, which can damage your engine.
How do I know when my car needs an oil change?
When you should get your oil change depends on the make and model of your vehicle. On average, have your oil changed or checked every 3,000 to 10,000 miles. Consult a technician if you experience any of the following warning signs of oil deterioration:
- Your check engine light is coming on
- Your oil is dark in color or silty
- Your engine runs louder than usual
- Oil levels are below recommended levels
How do I check the oil in my car myself?
Using your dipstick, follow these steps to check the level and condition of your oil:
- First, turn off your engine for at least 10 minutes.
- Open your hood and find the dipstick.
- Pull out the dipstick and wipe it across a lint-free cloth.
- Then return the dipstick back into the reservoir and pull it out.
- Check the end of the dipstick for an oily film.
Bring your car in for service if your oil is silty, dark brown, or black, with floating particles.
What happens during a professional oil change?
During a professional oil change, the following steps are taken:
- Your oil levels and condition will be evaluated.
- Your old oil will be drained.
- Your old oil filter will be replaced.
- New oil will be added.
Where can I get an oil change near me?
Come into Thompson Automotive Group for a professional oil change. We're located at 2600 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC, 27609. Schedule an appointment